Monday 4 October 2010

myworld interview spot - Jodie Harsh

Today we're chatting with Jodie Harsh, DJ club promoter and fashion muse!


myworld: What are you up to today?

JH: I’m actually writing this on a Eurostar to Paris, I tend to save up my interviews and long emails for travelling so I can stay in a creative headspace at home in London. I’m DJ’ing at an event tonight for the launch of a new magazine which should be quite fabulous…it’s Fashion Week there so it could be an exciting night.

myworld: Anything super hip you’re working on that you wouldn’t mind sharing with myworld?

JH: I am expanding my club brand Circus, with lots of bigger parties both in and around London. The next London event is on Halloween at Paramount, on the 31st floor of Centre Point. The legendary muse to David Lachapelle, Amanda Lepore, will be performing live. It’s all very exciting. That’s on October 31st and tickets are available from Tuesday 5th October on the website, thisiscircus.com

myworld: If you were designing a hotel bedroom what would be amongst your top 3 prerequisites?

JH: The biggest, comfiest bed known to mandkind. When I get in from a DJ gig, all I can think about is hitting the hay before the sun rises, so a comfy bed with lots of pillows is certainly essential. Again, out of pure indulgence, a bath would be lovely. I always take showers at home and in the gym and only really have baths when I have an hour to relax and rejuvenate. Lots of bubbles, lots of products, and a comfy warm robe. Finally, room service is important, and someone handsome to deliver it is an added bonus.

myworld: Our design philosophy takes into account the 5 senses – of all of them, which is your favourite and why?

JH: Probably scent. I am fragrance obsessed. I love lighting fragranced candles everywhere – they’re relaxing and really set  mood. My favourite brand is Cire Trudon, they’ve been produced since the 1600’s and Marie Antoinette was a fan. I believe they were the first ever scented candles. I buy in bulk! They make an amazing minty scented one, it’s literally like fresh peppermint is filling your house! Beautiful. 

No comments: